Monday, April 17, 2006

It's Easter and the Bunny Took my Babies!

Actually it was Easter, now it's just plain old Monday. Yesterday Jess and Eli flew home for a surprise visit with her parents. I think they were shocked to see her. So much so that at first they did not recognize Eli! I know they are thrilled to see them and we are happy we were able to provide them with this special Easter present. They do so much for us.

After taking them to the airport yesterday morning at 5:30, I went to a sunrise Easter service at the glacier. What an awesome place to have the service. The morning was cold and crisp. The birds were chattering in their trees. It was really peaceful and a great way to celebrate Christ's resurrection.

Sometime this week I think I will be picking up 3 little piggies at the airport. We keep the pigs at camp and feed them our slop or leftovers from the dining hall. In the fall we butcher the pigs for the pork and divide the meat up amongst the missionaries at camp. It will be fun to see what the kids name the pigs this year. Salt and Pepper, Bacon, Ham and Eggs are some names from the past...

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your families and friends. I spent yesterday with the Shaners and Diggins, two missionary families from camp. We went out to eat and then they all came over and we watched Shrek and just hung out. It was nice for me since Jess and Bam Bam weren't here.

No comments: