Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Camping Season Begins


This week Echo Ranch is opening doors for the spring retreat season by hosting the 2006 Alaska Sectional of the Christian Camping and Convention of America. Camps from all over the state as well as a few from the lesser-48 have sent people to our camp this week. Believe me, because I know! I picked most of them up at either the ferry terminal or the airport. It has been fun to meet others who do the same things we do and share notes, so to speak. From this point on we will be running full speed until October.

To prepare for this retreat I spent about $2000 on groceries for the camp! That's a lot of eggs and milk! I'm just glad it's not my money I'm spending! It always makes me a little uncomfortable to spend so much money, especially camp's. Just part of the job! The job has been a busy one this week. Lots of phone calls to answer, errands to run and trips to camp. For those of you who don't know, that's about 50 miles or so round trip. I love it!!

Eli is doing well as always. We have really been blessed that he has enjoyed good health so far. He had a little bronchitis when we were in Ohio, otherwise, he has been great. Tonight he was introduced to the joy of creamed beef. It's the first time we've given him meat and lets just say he was less than impressed! He ate it without trouble, but gagged a few times as he did it. You don't guess he's a vegetarian do you?? He loves his sweet potatoes and carrots! They are great for you!!!!





No comments: