Thursday, April 03, 2008

Two is More Than One



Hello! We hope you are all doing well. We pray that the Easter season was a time of family and fun times as well as a time to rejoice for the gift of life Christ gave us at the cross.
We are doing well. We are in count down mode now until Jess gives birth to our second child. He/she is due April 27 and we are very excited about the new arrival. Jess has felt well the entire pregnancy. Eli says with authority that the baby will be a little sister so maybe he knows something we don't! I'm sure whatever sex the baby is he or she will be a great blessing to us. Two is definitely more than one. I'll have to find a new name for our space here!
Eli is growing and learning more each day. His vocabulary is amazing to us. He has endless energy and really keeps us on our toes. He is in his 'terrible twos" so he is sometimes a challenge, but overall he is a good little boy most of the time.
Tomorrow is April 1, 2008. That means in 24 days Echo Ranch will host its first retreat of this year's camping season. That's exciting for us! It's a little hard to imagine since there is still 2-3 feet of snow on the ground out there. This time of year is always exciting for the staff, because we know that what the Lord does here at camp changes peoples lives forever. It is feels wonderful to be a part of what He has planned for this season!
I recently had the opportunity to give my testimony at a luncheon for home school kids here in Juneau. I enjoyed this opportunity to share very much. Afterward I found out that one of the home school kids had actually recommended me for this speaking engagement! He had been one of my campers several years ago when I was in charge of the Wilderness Program at camp. It was very affirming to know that something I had done at camp had some lasting meaning in a child's life. I felt truly blessed and honored. It is awesome to know that God can use you to impact other's lives even when you don't realize it!

No comments: